Now hiring for K-12 Sales and Account Manager
Hiring for K-12 Sales and Account Manager
Are you a self-driven sales executive passionate about education and technology hungry for growth and success? Then read on…
Schools spend $1.3 billion every year on administration software alone and $12 billion on overall operations. This is a large market that has a lot of need and is ripe for disruption.
Helios is delivering innovative HR analytics and reporting solutions to school districts and charters. With Helios’ unique cloud based solution, over 300 schools across California are saving 75% time and cost in the area of personnel management and compliance. It helps districts go paperless and enables administrators to get insights into supporting and retaining teachers. Helios is headquartered in Redwood City, California.
Helios is seeking an experienced Sales and Account Manager to lead our K-12 sales efforts. We are searching for people who demonstrate a passion for education and technology, are collaborative and entrepreneurial in spirit, and who can contribute to our continuing success and growth. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the full sales cycle, from lead to close, and must love the thrill of the hunt.
Helios offers an attractive package and provides challenging and inspiring work. Best of all, you get to grow with an innovative company that can even take you to that dream Director/VP role.
The Sales and Account Manager is responsible for acquiring new school districts, charters, private schools, and sustaining relationships with existing customers. Acting in a consultative capacity, the Account Manager is responsible for building relationships in school districts that result in sales of Helios products. The Account Manager should be a self-starter who thrives in a startup environment without much supervision with a focus on goals.
What you will be doing:
- Drive business growth through the acquisition of new school districts, charters, and private schools.
- Actively prospect, develop and close opportunities for Helios products and services.
- Build strategic relationships with decision makers in target districts.
- Develop and qualify leads, and build a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Manage complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders.
- Stay current and informed on federal, state and local funding sources.
- Schedule and conduct webinars, meetings, product demos and presentations with district administrators and key decision-makers.
- Drive profitably and grow revenue for target accounts.
- Build market awareness of Helios and generate leads through participation in local/regional industry events, conferences, organizations, and affiliations.
- Organize local and regional events, lunch and learns, and customer presentations for generating new prospects and leads.
- Manage relationships with existing accounts for customer satisfaction. Support customers as needed on questions or concerns. Upsell additional products as well as obtain referrals.
What we will want you to have:
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas and recognized success in negotiating and closing new business in the K12 market
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, complex sales with an extended sales cycle
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and present credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including Superintendent, CAO, CIO, and Director level
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong networking skills with a “hustler” approach
- Ability to travel efficiently, especially in California
- Experience with a customer relationship system
- Ability to easily work with web-based software
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Reside in California
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business, or a related field
- 2 – 4 years field sales or similar experience selling to the K-12 market, preferably at the district administrator level with demonstrated achievements in the above areas
Why you will want to work for us:
- Attractive package including base, equity, and an aggressive commission and bonus structure
- Opportunity to sell in a mostly untapped market solving real problems
- Grow with an innovative company that can take you to that dream Director/VP role and the opportunity to build your own team
Compensation: Competitive compensation package which includes base, equity, and a very aggressive commission and bonus structure.
Helios is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.
If you’ve got this, reach out to Gene at heliosedu dot com with your resume.